Wednesday, January 14, 2015

How I Blessed a Stranger Who Became a Friend



Don't you love it when God brings you unexpected friends?  That's exactly what happened to me.  A thoughtful lady from my church sent out an email letting us know that a new family had recently moved to the area.  She asked if any of us moms would be so kind to bring this family a meal and welcome them.  I signed up!

I remember what a blessing it was to have friends bring me meals after I had my daughter, and if the truth be told, those meals were so amazing that I decided to have a third child...just for the meals!!  Only kidding! 

In all seriousness, I know how wonderful it was to have people show up at my door with a hot, delicious meal (usually better than my own cooking).  One that I didn't have to think of, plan, buy, or prepare.  One that all I had to do was say "thank you".  One that all I had to do was sit down and enjoy.  It was AWESOME! 

Because I knew how incredible it was, I was always on board to bring meals to someone else.  Up until that point though, I had only had the opportunity to bring meals to friends after they had a baby, so this was my first "blind date meal." 

I had no idea who this person was.  I knew nothing about her whatsoever...other than she and her husband and her two kids had just moved here and could really use some help.  That's it!

The awesome part is...when I brought her the meal, she and I connected immediately.  Our kids were similar ages.  We were close to the same age.  Our paths began to cross on accident over and over until we finally decided to cross paths on purpose.  And now...three years later?  She has become a very close and trusted friend.  Isn't that awesome?

All because I reached out to bless a stranger...a new friendship was born!  I'm so grateful!

How can God use you to bless a stranger?

No comments:

Post a Comment