Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Number One Way to Enjoy Your Christmas More

"Be still and know that I am God." 
Psalm 46:10
Yeah right...be still.  It's Christmas!  I've got to wrap presents, get the stocking stuffers ready, make some toffee bars, prepare some spinach dip, make sure our clothes are all laid out, get our donations boxed up, and before I even get started on anything tonight, I have to clean up after a day spent with my three messy kids!!!
Be still.  I wish!
"No really", God says, "be still."
And so I do.  I walked into our living room and I sat down just for a minute and stared at our Christmas tree.  It was beautiful.  I sat in the silence surrounded by a big, giant mess and I was at peace--which is unusual for me.  I stared at each light.  I looked at every ornament and smiled thinking of a fun memory of either my grandma, my parents, my childhood, or my own children giggling as they hung them on the tree just a few weeks ago. 
I breathed.  I was thankful for those giggles.  I was thankful for my children and my husband and the mess that surrounded me.  I was thankful for this season to celebrate the birth of our King! 
And in that still moment, I felt the Lord asking me to wrap less and laugh more...to prepare less and give more...to complain less and help more...to be less worried about all the little details and be more focused on being grateful to have such a wonderful family and a loving God. 
And now I'm ready to enjoy my Christmas more...all because I took some time to be still. 
Do you want to enjoy your Christmas more too? 
I encourage you, dear mom, to take some time to be still in your mess.  Be still and just breathe for a minute.  Be still and enjoy the silence.  Be still and forget about your to-do list.  Be still and just be.  Be still in the presence of our Lord and know that He is your God who loves you. 
Be still.
Merry Christmas, moms, from my "be still" moment to yours!
Now go be still and tell me what the Lord reveals to you...


No comments:

Post a Comment